Top 10 Things to know about DAI’s water damage mitigation service:
- DAI professionals are certified by the non-profit Institute of Inspection, Cleaning & Restoration Certification (IICRC), which sets standards for water damage restoration in more than 25 countries.
- Addressing water damage quickly, within the first 48 hours, is crucial to preventing further damage.
- DAI has heavy-duty, truck-mounted pumps that can quickly move water out of your building so an assessment of water damage, efforts to limit it, and the salvage of belongings and property can begin.
- Depending on the extent of water damage, carpets and flooring may not be salvageable. If the damage is in a small area and the water is not contaminated, DAI will set up dehumidifiers and air movers around the affected area, and pull moisture away at a rapid rate, quickly drying the area.
- DAI has moisture meters to ensure the drying is complete.
- DAI uses professional grade dehumidifiers and air movers that can rapidly remove moisture from an area.
- DAI uses moisture meters to determine how much drying equipment each situation requires.
- DAI will provide thorough documentation of their water damage restoration efforts, including an itemized list of the equipment used, work performed and photos of the finished job.
- Floodwaters bring a variety of threats, including wildlife, pathogens, debris, and chemical runoff. Many of these dangers are not readily apparent, so it’s best to call in professional help right away.
- Time is not on your side. Within 48 hours, even clean water will yellow drywall and warp wood.
Insurance Policy Points
- Only your insurance policy provider can tell you if your loss is covered.
- Deductibles will need to be paid directly to your contractor before cleanup can begin.
- Usually, both you and your home mortgage lender’s signatures are required to release repair funds. Contact your lender to coordinate the release of repair funding.
- Your policy may cover living expenses while restoration work is done inside your home. Ask your claims representative about this coverage if you need temporary housing.